Effective Ways to Fund Nicholas’ Flight Lesson (Program) for SCHOOLS:

1. Share Nicholas with another school in your area, on the same day. Schedule him at your school in the morning and allow him the opportunity to speak at a neighboring school in the afternoon. Nicholas’ fees will be cut in HALF for your school if you go this route! You will save money, Nicholas will reach more people with his message, and everyone will go home happy! Share Nicholas’ promotional material with local schools, tell them your plan, and ask them to be a part of inspiring the youth in your community!

2. Create a detailed and well-thought-out plan and share it with your school’s PTO/PTA. They may be willing to fund your efforts!

3. Have your student leaders contact local organizations: Rotary Club, Kiwanis, Elks, Lions Club, Chamber of Commerce, local churches, etc. Present your event plan and request their sponsorship. It is important to think of creative ways to incorporate the organizations during your event!

4. Contact several of your larger local businesses, especially ones related to services for teens and their families. Ask for the owner, CEO, or Community Services Department. Again, have a detailed presentation for them about how you plan to promote their company to the youth and their parents in exchange for their financial support!

5. Invite multiple school clubs to plan and participate in a fundraising effort. This will allow students the opportunity to use their skills to see a project through, from start to finish, and be rewarded in the end by a life-changing presentation!

6. Integrate Nicholas into a major theme, such as the Week of Respect, Health Day, Cultural Awareness Week, Red Ribbon Week, etc. Federal grant money might be available! For example, Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act (SDFSCA) may approve a funding request for a speaker who addresses alcohol and drug prevention, sexual abstinence, tobacco use, teen pregnancy, gangs, crime, and violence prevention. Check with your school district or federal government office to find out who is dispensing these funds in your state and request an application form!

7. Contact your school administration about funding from the Associated Student Body fund. For teacher in-service programs, ask them about Staff Development – Title VI funding.

8. Apply for other grant monies from your state by contacting your State Department of Human Services and State Department of Education. They can direct you to the appropriate office- for example, the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division. Contact other local agencies in your county that disperse grant monies from state agencies. For example, the Criminal Justice Department or Department of Public Safety may have distributed funds into mental health agencies or programs for mentoring youth, etc.